LLLWeek – Speak Up! On Our Watch: a tool for co-creation and exchange
On the occasion of the LLL Week 2017, the European Youth Forum and European Movement International jointly organise the Speak Up! On Our Watch: a tool for co-creation and exchange event.
Aiming to stimulate citizens’ engagement with European politics in between European elections, the On Our Watch project offers citizens the opportunity to see what the European Parliament has achieved since the 2014 elections, and to check up on the progress made against politicians’ promises and citizens’ demands. Bringing together more than 30 civil society organisations, the reflections and tools on the On Our Watch website are a basis for discussion and dialogue with citizens and form the basis for an interactive and cooperative platform ahead of the 2019 elections.
Taking civil society manifestos as the basis of our analyses, the project compels us, civil society, to reflect on the impact of our tools, manifestos and pledge campaigns ahead of European elections. In this event, we want to engage you for an interactive discussion with tips & tricks from all stakeholders involved. What has an NGO-activist-turned-MEP to say about the impact of NGO advocacy? What can a political party share with us about the input of citizens and civil society in the parties’ electoral manifestos? Can MEPs and their assistants lift a tip of the veil about their allegiance to pledge campaigns signed before the elections? And – last but not least – can we, as civil society, reflect on the impact of the tools we use? What tools can we develop to increase our impact in 2019?
Join our discussion and don’t be afraid to speak up – after all, On Our Watch is all about co-creation and exchange!
- MEP Brando Benifei, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
- MEP Sirpa Pietikainen, Group of the European People’s Party
- Kristen Aigro, Board Member of the European Youth Forum
- Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General of the European Movement International
- Brikena Xhomaqi, Director of the Lifelong Learning Platform
- Pamela Bartlett Quintanilla, Transparency and Democracy Campaigner at the Greens/EFA
- Tycho Vandermaesen, Senior Public Affairs Officer at WWF
- MEP Krystyna Łybacka, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats (video message)