Democracy International: You can help save the ECI now
After years of petitioning and campaigning with you to demand that Europe needs an ECI that works, the European Commission responded to our plea and announced that it will propose a revision to the ECI this year!
Over 75,000 of you supported strengthening the ECI in the past, and now we are closer than ever to an enhanced, user-friendly and easily accessible ECI that works. We need your participation now more than ever.
You now have the unique opportunity to share your views and concerns on the ECI with the European Commission. A Public Consultation in the form of a questionnaire published by the Commission allows you to easily take part in the ECI Revision process.
Instructions to complete the Questionnaire
To make it as simple as possible for you to participate in the Public Consultation, Democracy International along with The ECI Campaign, Mehr Demokratie and ECAS teamed together to provide you with suggested responses that will produce an ECI that is simplified, more accessible and less restrictive for Europeans. How to particpate:
- Go to https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/European_citizens_initiative
- You have the possibility to change the language on the right-hand side.
- Fill out the questionnaire. You can use our suggested answers to guide you through the questions.
- If you prefer to follow a PDF version of the suggested answers, you can download it here.
- Submit the answers before the deadline of August 16th.
Let us know that you are taking part, so that we can follow up with strong pressure on the European Commission and keep you informed on the progress.