Internship opportunity at the European Movement International – EU affairs intern
Please note: This position has now been filled.
The European Movement is offering a 6 month internship on EU affairs. The intern will spend 2 months at our Brussels office (February-March), then he/she will be based at our Berlin office for two months (April-May) before returning to our Brussels office for the last two months (June-July).
The intern will be asked to perform a variety of tasks so he/she can get acquainted with the European Movement’s different areas of work and learn skills in a variety of subjects. He/she will have the opportunity to work on research and monitoring, stakeholder management and website management. He/she will also have the opportunity to work at our Berlin as well as our Brussels office, so he/she will benefit from understanding the geographical breadth of the organisation and the difference between our national offices.
About the European Movement International
The European Movement is the longest-running, pan-European, pro-European organisation, present in 39 countries and encompassing 75 member organisations. We believe in closer European integration and work across our Continent to involve Europeans in the great debates of our time, inform policy-makers’ thinking and influence the direction the EU takes.
Ideally the successful candidate will possess the characteristics and be able to perform most of the tasks below.
- Proactive, highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Outgoing personality with the ability to interact with a variety of international stakeholders, including high-level policy-makers;
- Good organisation skills.
- Analytical skills, writing skills (in English and German), eye for detail.
- Interest in EU affairs and motivation to follow the day-to-day EU news – for the preparation of EU news updates.
- Motivation to look deeper into the institutional (policy) agendas for the preparation of a weekly agenda of the work of EU institutions.
- Ability to research on current topics and prepare background policy briefings.
- Knowledge of writing for the web.
- Online campaigning an asset.
- International stakeholder mapping.
- Database management of international stakeholders (Sciurus).
- General understanding of EU member state legal processes.
- Any other language is an advantage
- University degree (or higher)
Remuneration: €750 per month
Interested applicants should email the Secretariat at email@example.com by 10am on Monday 11th January with a CV and short cover letter.
Please note that interviews will be held on Thursday 14 and Friday 15 January and any shortlisted applicants will hear back before this date. The intern will be expected to start at the beginning of February 2016.