23 Oct 2023
In collaboration with Eurocommerce, the European Movement International is organising a webinar entitled “Ensuring Wholesale and Retail is skilled for the future” organised as part of the European Year of Skills and the EU Vocational Skills Week 2023.
The discussions will delve into the opportunities and challenges faced by companies when developing and implementing Vocational Education and Training (VET) schemes that combine on-the-job training with classroom learning.
This event aims to raise awareness of the need to nurture a culture of continuous professional development and lifelong learning. The retail and wholesale sector finds itself facing a skills shortage that only set to increase as the pace of digital and green transformation of EU companies accelerates. The transformation is shaping the future of work and requires a strong commitment to ensure that changes are made to ensure the right skills are available for the future.
The speakers will include:
- Ms Christel Delberghe, EuroCommerce Director General
- Ms Ana Carrero, Deputy Head of the Unit in charge of vocational education and training, as well as skills for the digital and green transitions in the Directorate-General of Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion of the European Commission.
- Ms Aimée Duprat-Macabies, European Movement International Policy and Advocacy Officer
- Ms Diana Filip, Junior Achievement Deputy CEO & Chief Development Officer
- Mr Thomas Wimmesberger, Policy Adviser, EU Representation Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, Permanent Representation of Austria to the EU
- Mr Raimund Lainer, Head of Group Human Resources Development and Training Spar and EuroCommerce Jobs & Skills Committee Chair
EuroCommerce Director General
Policy & Advocacy Officer, European Movement International
Deputy Head of the Unit, Vocational education and training, Directorate-General of Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion of the European Commission
Junior Achievement Deputy CEO & Chief Development Officer
Expert in multi-stakeholder partnerships in education, entrepreneurship and policy fields, Diana is currently the Deputy CEO & Chief Development Officer at JA Europe, a worldwide organization specialized in enterprise and entrepreneurship education. She is responsible for strategic development of the organisation, policy liaison, funding and financing, advocacy and corporate communications issues. Diana started her career as an entrepreneur, running her own company in Romania, then moved to Brussels as President of the European Students Forum and consultant in Public Affairs. She holds a certificate in Entrepreneurship and in Business Sustainability from Harvard University and a MBA from the Vlerick School of Management, Leuven. Diana sits on the Board of the Women in Entrepreneurship Platform.
Policy Adviser, EU Representation Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, Permanent Representation of Austria to the EU
Head of Group Human Resources Development and Training Spar and EuroCommerce Jobs & Skills Committee Chair
Share the event
Progress lies in participation