Investing in The Future of Europe – Copenhagen
The European Movement International and the European Investment Bank (EIB), in partnership with the European Movement Denmark organised an event ‘Investing in the Future of Europe’ which was held in Copenhagen on June 21st as an after-work event. Speakers gave their perspective on how to invest in the future of Europe and how organisations, unions and civil society can be more engaged in the debate about the EU.
This was a part of series of events which started in 2017, taking place in various locations in the EU and neighbourhood countries. These events are designed as an opportunity to discuss the benefits of EU membership and to engage broader civil society to a debate about the transformative power and direct benefits of the EU. This event was held as an afternoon panel, which brought together different stakeholders to discuss their respective vision for how to invest in the future of Europe.
Registration and Coffee
Welcoming remarks by Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International and Dr. Hakan Lucius, Head of Corporate Responsibility and Civil Society, European Investment Bank
Key-note by Mr. François Zimeray, French Ambassador to Denmark
- Lasse Hamilton Heidemann, Head of EU-office, the Danish Chamber of Commerce
- Criss Preuss, The Danish Youth Council and member of the European Youth Forum
- Stephen Hart, Head of the European Investment Bank Group Office in Copenhagen
- Stina Soewarta, Head of Representation, European Commission in Denmark
- Per Paludan Hansen, President, European Association for the Education of Adults and LOF
- Peter Damgaard Jensen, CEO, PKA
Open floor and final remarks from Stine Bosse, President of the European Movement Denmark
Networking drinks and Canapés
You can find the recording here