Investing in the Future of Europe | Helsinki
The European Movement International and the European Investment Bank (EIB), in partnership with European Movement Finland, held the 10th event in the ‘Investing in the Future of Europe’ conference series, in Helsinki, Finland on Wednesday 26 June 2019.
This panel discussion gathered different stakeholders (NGOs, business, trade unions, government etc.) and was be the opportunity for participants from all walks of life to discuss their respective vision on how to best invest in the future of Europe.
Since 2017, this series of panel discussions has been held across the EU as well as in other neighbouring countries. Designed to discuss the benefits of EU integration and membership, this is also an opportunity to engage broader civil society to debate about the transformative power and direct benefits of the EU.
– Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General | European Movement International
Keynote: Europe in the New World (Dis)order
– Alexander Stubb, Vice-President | The European Investment Bank
Panel discussion: How to invest in the Future of Europe?
– Pia Björkbacka, Adviser for International Affairs | Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions SAK
– Elisa Gebhart, Chairperson | The Finnish National Youth Council – Allianssi
– Elina Kamppi, Adviser for Legislation | Finance Finland FFI
– Jukka Luukkanen, Head of Helsinki Office | European Investment Bank- Janica Ylikarjula, Chief Policy Adviser, EU and Trade Policy | Confederation of Finnish Industries
– Juha Jokela Programme Director, EU Research Programme | Finnish Institute of International Affairs
– MP. Jouni Ovaska, Chairperson | European Movement Finland
18:00- 19:30 Panel discussion
Followed by a reception
If you are interested in finding out about what the EIB is doing in your country, check the EIB country videos on Youtube.