Investing in the Future of Europe – Tallinn
The European Movement International and the European Investment Bank held on July 18 2018 an event entitled ‘Investing in the Future of Europe’. Speakers from all sides of society gave their perspective on how to invest in the future of Europe and how government, employers, unions and civil society can contribute in the debate about the EU. The event, held in Tallinn, is the 6th in series of joint events which started in 2017, taking place in various cities in the EU and neighbourhood countries. These events are designed as an opportunity to discuss the benefits of European integration.
Read the event report and see the photos and the video here.
15.30 – 16.00 Registration and welcome drink
16.00 – 16.30 Welcoming remarks by Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International and Kristyna Pelikanova, Civil Society Officer, European Investment Bank.
16.30 – 17.30 Panel debate
• Keit Kasemets, Head of the European Commission Representation in Estonia
• Marina Ismaila, Senior Public Sector Banker in the Baltic States, European Investment Bank
• Martin Noorkõiv, CEO of Domus Dorpatensis Foundation and Chairman of the Board of Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations
• Matti Maasikas, Deputy Minister for EU Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Mikk Tarros, Vice Chairman, Estonian National Youth Council
• Thiébaut Weber, Confederal Secretary, the European Trade Union Confederation
17.30 – 18.00 Q&A
18.00-18.05 Closing remarks by the European Movement Estonia
This is a part of series of joint events which started in 2017, taking place in various locations in the EU and neighbourhood countries. These events are designed as an opportunity to discuss the benefits of European integration. Previous event in this series took place in Copenhagen on 21 June.