UNITEE: Building Bridges: The role of New European entrepreneurs in the European Neighbourhood policy
SME Europe and UNITEE – The New European Business Confederation will hold a roundtable on the role of New European entrepreneurs in the European Neighborhood policy.
New European entrepreneurs (entrepreneurs with a migrant background) have very often a special connection with their countries of origin: thanks to their multiple backgrounds, they can build bridges between countries and cultures. That is why they have an important, and currently undervalued, role to play in the relationship of the EU with developing countries, especially in the framework of the ENP.
The roundtable will be an opportunity to understand in depth this potential, answering to such questions as: Is there really a positive effect of New European entrepreneurs on their country of origin? How could the European Neighbourhood Policy take advantage from the engagement of New European entrepreneurs in order to pursue its long-term objectives of stabilisation and economic growth?
Opening remarks by Michael Gahler MEP (EPP, Germany)
Roundtable with the following speakers:
- Iuliu Winkler MEP (EPP, Romania)
- Dr. Adem Kumcu, President of UNITEE
- Christophe Yvetot, Head of UNIDO’s Office to the European Union
- Giacomo Mattinò, Head of Unit Enterprise Network and Internationalisation of SMEs, DG GROW, European Commission
- Representative of IOM Regional Office for the European Economic Area, the EU and NATO
Moderated by Dr. Horst Heitz, Director of SME Europe