METRO together with its customers in 22 countries and 18 global suppliers will implement the 2nd year of its 3 year collaboration with the Canadian-based One Drop Foundation. The project kicked off in June 2019 in the north-eastern Indian state of Bihar and aims at providing permanent access to safe water and sanitation to half a million people: doubling our original plan.
· 2020 is our 4th consecutive year of MWI and our 2nd year of close collaboration with One Drop Foundation
· 250,000 people in the north Indian state of Bihar will have sustainable access to safe water and sanitation facilities, thanks to ‘Project Sheohar’
· An additional 250,000 people in the state of Bihar will benefit from the new ‘Project Boond’, ensuring sustainable access to water and sanitation
· More than 20 METRO countries and ~20 suppliers support the METRO Water Initiative in the campaign anchored around the UN World Water Day on 22 March
· A minimum of 1.2 million Euros will be collected for this purpose through the METRO Water Initiative. These funds will be matched by One Drop Foundation.
Read the full article here.