ALDA: Call for Proposals – ALDA Supports Activities to Build Active Citizenship in Europe
The European Association for Local Democracy launches a call for proposals, for activities supporting active citizenship in Europe. The activities and events will take place from 22 October 2018 until 31 December 2018. Applications should be committed to the advancement of ALDA’s main goal, the promotion of good governance and citizen participation at the local level in Europe.
Eligible activities must promote the active involvement of citizens on the most current issues on the EU agenda and contribute to an ever-integrated European Union.
Priority of the actions:
- To contribute to citizens’ understanding of the Union, its history and diversity, pushing people to debate and act jointly about the Future of the European Union, in order to allow them to determine their own path and future.
- To promote solidarity, also through promoting informative and raising-awareness activities and debates on 4 priorities: counter radicalism, employment, migration, inequalities.
- To raise awareness about the upcoming EU elections in 2019, pushing people to have a clear understanding on how EU will develop over the years, and how they can contribute.
- To push people to actively contribute to their integration process, with a clear focus on the enlargement process of the South-Eastern Europe Region.
- To foster European Citizenship and to promote civic participation at European and local level, and to support and empower civil society, in order to make them be a stronger voice in the front of decision-makers, activating civic initiatives, citizen participation and volunteering.
- To support decentralization and development of capacities and awareness of local and regional authorities.
- To foster cooperation between local authorities and civil society and multilevel governance.
- To protect and involve different target groups, focusing on underrepresented groups such as minorities, migrants, asylum seekers and third nationals, promoting thus social inclusion and integration through civic participation.
The deadline for applications: 12 October 2018.
Visit their website here.