ESN: Responsible Party Final Report is now live!
ESN and Pernod Ricard published the Responsible Party FInal Reportbased on the extensive research about the alcohol consumption at the parties. The research was conducted between August 2016 and July 2017 based on 30,400 responses from 32 countries. The report assesses the alcohol consumption habits among European students and evaluates the perception and the appreciation of the RP program by the students attending the events. Here are some key findings of the report:
- 88,8% students in the study reported that Responsible Party is a useful program.
- The majority of the students drink 3 or 4 units during a typical party (i.e. 33.7% of the sample) and at a mean rhythm of 1 dose per hour (i.e. 36.5% of the sample).
- Beer was the most frequently consumed type of alcoholic drink (42.7%), then wine (26.5%) and spirits (16.6%)
- Distribution of water should be privileged, accompanied by a clear responsible drinking message as it is considered as the most efficient harm reduction tool. Students reported that distribution of water was most often accompanied by a responsible drinking message (74.5% of time), considered as clear and useful by the majority.
See the full version of the report below:
Responsible Party is the first pan-European alcohol-related prevention program for students, created by Pernod Ricard and ESN International. Two main aims of the program are:
- raising awareness about the risks of excessive alcohol consumption;
- proposing harm-reduction tools to reduce the negative consequences of alcohol over-consumption among young adults, for example by offering water at the student parties.
Responsible Party is a project is run across Europe with more than 367,000 students participating to date. Using the peer-to-peer approach student ambassadors are organizing activities during parties in a fun and engaging way with the aim to raise awareness about the health effects of alcohol consumption.
It’s about smart and simple tips helping you and your friends to really enjoy the party: making the night last longer while staying in good shape, avoiding excessive drinking and its dangerous consequences, situations you would regret.