Job Opportunity: Finance and Administration Officer
The European Movement Internatonal is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer to work in its Brussels based Secretariat.
Applications are expected by Wednesday 15 April 2015 and the successful candidate will start work at the beginning of May 2015.
Established in 1948, the European Movement is the oldest and largest pan- and pro-European civil society network, gathering a total of 76 Members (national councils and international associations), working in 47 European states. It seeks to encourage and facilitate the active participation of citizens and civil society organisations in the development of a united Europe.
The Finance and Administration Officer will report directly to the Secretary General and will have the following responsibilities:
- Finances: Budgeting and preparation of monthly budget monitoring reports, ensuring the sound financial management of the organisation;
- Accountancy: Collaboration with the EMI’s external accountants for bookkeeping and closing of the annual accounts;
- Grant management: Reporting and drafting of the grant applications;
- Events management: Preparation, implementation and follow up of the different statutory activities of the organisation;
- Office management: Ensuring the sound management of the office and the best possible working conditions for the EMI staff;
- Human resources: Pay-roll management and collaboration with the social secretariat;
- IT management: Collaboration with the external IT expert, management of the databases and distribution lists;
- Administration: Providing administrative support to the Secretary General and, more occasionally, the Board.
The successful candidate might also be requested to perform other tasks depending on her/his abilities and the needs of the Secretariat.
The successful candidate will, ideally, have the following qualifications and experience:
- University education;
- 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated experience in managing the finances and the accounts of a non-profit association or an SME;
- Working experience in managing European grants;
- Highly organised and able to take ownership of events management;
- Knowledge of the legal framework for non-profit associations based in Belgium;
- Ability to work in multicultural environments;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office package);
- Fluency in French and English. Knowledge of another European language would be an asset.
For this position, the European Movement International offers:
- A permanent contract (38 hours per week) starting on Monday 4 May 2015;
- Salary: EUR 2.200/month (gross);
- 20 days of holiday per year
- Other benefits: holiday bonus and year-end bonus, pension scheme, hospitalisation insurance and contribution for public transport pass.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com before Wednesday 15 April 2015.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.