The European Movement International and European Movement Germany are looking for a recent graduate for a 10 month traineeship on EU affairs, taking place from 1 October 2016 to 30 June 2017. The trainee will be based in the office of the European Movement International in Brussels for the duration of the traineeship.
The trainee will be asked to perform a variety of tasks so he/she can get acquainted with the European Movement’s different areas of work and learn skills in a variety of subjects. He/she will be working on areas of joint interest for the European Movement International and European Movement Germany. He/she will have the opportunity to work on policy research, development and monitoring, stakeholder management as well as communication- and events- related tasks. He/she will also have the opportunity to contribute new ideas to the way we work, and may be asked to accompany the team on trips abroad to other European Movement offices.
About the European Movement
The European Movement is the longest-running, pan-European, pro-European organisation, present in 39 countries and encompassing more than 75 member organisations. We believe in closer European integration and work across our continent to involve Europeans in the great debates of our time, inform policy-makers’ thinking and influence the direction the EU takes.
What we expect:
- A proactive and highly motivated worker, with the ability to work independently;
- Good analytical- and writing skills (in English and German) as well as organisational skills;
- A positive attitude with a strong sense of team spirit;
- Interest in EU affairs and motivation to look deeper into the institutional (policy) agendas;
- Research skills for preparation of background policy briefings;
- Knowledge of writing for the web and social media tools;
- Fluency in English and German (speaking and writing); any other language is an advantage;
- A university degree (or higher).
What we offer:
- A remuneration of €1000 per month including benefits;
- An international work environment;
- A young and motivated team in Brussels and (online) in Berlin;
- Occasional travel to Berlin or other national offices;
- An insight into the structure and work of our large European network;
- Experience in working with civil society organisations, governments, EU institutions and other actors.
Interested applicants should email the European Movement International at email@example.com by noon (CET) on Wednesday 7 September with a CV and short cover letter (both in English).