Full time position based in the European Movement International office, Brussels.
The European Movement International (EMI) has been working for the past 75 years to promote democracy, peace and unity across our continent. We are a pan-European network present in 30 countries and encompassing over 70 member organisations representing social partners, youth organisations, the environmental movement, local government, political parties, sectoral interests and more. We stand for closer European integration and work across our continent to involve Europeans in the great debates of our time, inform policymakers’ thinking, and influence the direction the EU takes. Find out more about our policy areas and activities.
The role of Communications & Campaigns Manager is a unique opportunity to work at the heart of the EU and lead our core communication activities, including the implementation of key campaigns and outreach activities. You will get to work on the optimisation of political communications, audience development, and the use of attitudinal data, as well as be in contact with a variety of stakeholders at the EU and national level.
We are seeking a committed, motivated, values-driven and ambitious professional to join our fun, dedicated, and multinational team at our office on Place Luxembourg, at the heart of the EU quarter.
Strategy, Planning, & Execution of External Communications
- Lead the development of communications strategies, narrative development, and audience segmentation.
- Project manage the implementation of digital campaigns across Europe.
- Coordinate communications plans, projects, and activities with the team, members, and partners.
- Contribute to relevant project proposals with ambitious strategic communications dimension.
- Contribute to the writing, editing and proofreading of funding applications and reporting to funders.
- Advise members, partners, and campaigners on their communications needs and requirements.
- Project manage the production of communications materials, tools, and campaigns – (e.g., policy positions, statements, videos, graphics, adverts, event materials and merchandise – in coordination with relevant partners, members, and suppliers.
- Undertake design work and guidance for use in campaigns, publications, and on the website.
- Ensure and develop the European Movement International’s identity guidelines, also in collaboration with national members when necessary.
- Regularly evaluate communications activities and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
Website & Social Media
- Ensure that the European Movement International’s website is up-to-date and populated with relevant content, resources, and materials.
- Oversee the European Movement International’s social media accounts and outreach activities.
- Contribute to the long-term development of European Movement International’s website and social media.
- Oversee the monitoring and analysis of media coverage, digital narratives, social media statistics, and web-traffic, and make recommendations for improvements
Internal Communications & Network Support
- Coordinate internal communications, sharing the work of the European Movement International with members organisations.
- Facilitate the exchange of information between member organisations.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an active network of communicators from member organisations and newsletters
- Contribute to capacity building for colleagues and member organisations, e.g. in the application of an evidence-based strategic communications approach.
- Successful track record of digital campaigning.
- Tailor digital campaigns to defined audiences.
- A deep understanding of audience development and attitudinal data.
- Ability to apply attitudinal data in practice and optmise digital campaigns for different types of audiences, also outside the enthusiastic base.
- Experience of using social media channels for campaigning, including paid promotion using digital campaign tools, such as Facebook Business Manager, Google Ad Words, etc.
- The ability to write easy-to-understand, engaging copy.
- Native speaker standard of English.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisation and time-management skills.
- High levels of motivation, strong team member, creativity, flexibility, sense of humour, easy-going, political awareness.
- Knowledge of and experience with working with values, messages, and frames in political communications.
- Experience of website CMS (especially WordPress)
- Knowledge of other European languages
- Experience of design software like Adobe Photoshop
- Experience of video-editing software
- Knowledge of latest developments in campaign tech and tools.
We offer a full time, permanent contract in accordance with Belgian law, a competitive salary (commensurate to experience) as well as other attractive benefits, such as: daily lunch vouchers, monthly public transportation reimbursement, mobile phone costs etc.
The European Movement International welcomes candidates of all descriptions, regardless of age, sexual orientation, marital status, wealth, religious, philosophical, or political beliefs, present or future state of health, disability, physical or genetic characteristics, gender, pregnancy, parental status, change of sex, nationality, race, skin colour, ancestry, descent, national or ethnic or social origin. The EMI strives to make our office as diverse as possible.
If you feel you meet our criteria and feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, please send a letter of motivation and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 pm on 20 August 2023.
Interviews are planned to take place in early September.
Due to the high volume of applications received and the limited HR resources available, we are able to contact only shortlisted candidates – thank you for your understanding.