Are you used to keeping a cool head when things get busy? Can you think outside of the box and find solutions to unexpected challenges? Are you well-organized and creative? If so, then you might be the right person to assist the European Movement International with an exciting new project.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for a large-scale event, set to take place in the spring of 2019, as part of the European Movement International election activities.
The successful candidate will be part of a young and multinational team and will play a key role in the success of our work.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Projects and Campaigns and the Events Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
- Project Management: Keeping an overview of the progress of the project.
- Recruitment and stakeholder management: Working with a wide array of stakeholders to ensure their attendance and active participation.
- Logistics: Working with local authorities and sub-contractors to ensure the smooth running of the event.
- Administration: Part of the job will include managing budgets and databases
- Volunteer Management: Work with partners to recruit and manage volunteers
- Communication: Various communications tasks incl. social media management
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant education and professional aptitudes;
- Have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of professional experience;
- Have experience in dealing with large events like festivals, conferences or similar;
- Have knowledge of volunteer management;
- Have experience in working in multicultural environments;
- Be IT literate;
- Be fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of another European language would be an asset.
For this position, the European Movement International offers:
- A temporary position until the end of June 2019 with a possibility of extension (38 hours per week), starting in November 2018;
- Salary: to be negotiated depending on experience;
- Other benefits: holiday and Christmas bonuses, pension scheme, hospitalization insurance, participation to the public transport pass, mobile phone contract.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com ASAP!
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Projects and Campaigns, Mads Hvid on Mads.Hvid@EuropeanMovement.eu.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.